* 2 1-1/2-pound live lobsters
* 16 asparagus spears
* 1/2 cup scallions, finely sliced
* 1/2 cup celery, small dice
* 1/2 cup leeks, cut into small dice and cooked in boiling salted water until tender
* the juice of 3 lemons
* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup chile sauce
* 2 tbsp prepared horseradish, squeezed dry
* 2 tbsp minced tarragon
* 2 tbsp minced parsley
* salt as needed
* white pepper as needed
* 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed and separated into leaves
* 4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters lengthwise
* 12 golden cherry tomatoes
* 4 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
Immerse the lobsters in boiling water. Bring to a full boil, cover, remove from the fire, and allow to sit 20 minutes.
Remove the top 2-inch length of each asparagus spear, peel, and set aside. Cut the remaining stalk into 1/4-inch pieces, only as far as the beginning of the woody part of the spear. Blanch the asparagus, spears, and dice, in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Remove the lobsters and drain. Crack the shells, arms, and tails, and remove the meat. Cut this into 1/4-inch dice.
Combine all the ingredients, except the asparagus spears, lettuce, eggs, tomatoes, and parsley sprigs, and blend thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Arrange a base of lettuce leaves on four chilled plates. Divide the salad among the four plates. Garnish with the asparagus spears, egg quarters, tomatoes, and parsley sprigs.