* 2 to 4 Tbs tomalley or green matter* The role if you are so fortunate, from cooked lobster or crab
* 1 to 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
* Optional additions: 2 to 3 Tbs minced fresh parsley, 1 Tbs finely minced shallot or scallion; 1 Tbs minced capers (squeezed dry); 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- Whole or halved lobster or crab.Spoon the mayonnaise, with or without its optional additions, into the cavity of the shellfish, and you might decorate the top of the sauce with minced parsley and chopped hard-boiled egg.
- Lobster or crab salad.Halve and hollow out hard-boiled eggs, fill with the sauce, and decorate with minced parsley and the chopped yolks. Or fill tomato shells with the sauce and decorate with parsley.